Ultra Fractal 5.50 for Mac release notes
Ultra Fractal 5.50, released on March 28, 2012, is the first version of Ultra Fractal for Mac OS X.
What's new in Ultra Fractal for Mac?
- Ultra Fractal 5 for Mac is fully compatible with the Windows version, and implements all features from the Express and Creative editions. The Extended edition features (animation and network calculations) will be added later on.
- On the Mac, there is no main window that hosts all other windows like with the Windows version. Instead, each fractal window, browser and formula editor is self-contained and floats on the desktop. Tool windows that work with the current fractal (Layer Properties, Fractal Properties, Fractal Mode, Gradient, Statistics and Color Cycling) can be docked to a fractal window, or they can be used as floating tool windows.
- The gradient editor is now a tool window as well: it can be docked to the fractal window or work as a floating tool window. It's no longer possible to edit gradients in a stand-alone gradient editor. To open or save gradients, click the More button in the gradient editor (downward pointing arrow), or right-click and choose Open or Save.
- By default, the fractal resizes with the fractal window. This can be configured with the 'Resize with fractal window' option in the Image tab of the Fractal Properties tool window. If the fractal is smaller than the window, the color of the surrounding area can be set with the 'Background color' setting in the Fractal tab of the Preferences dialog. If Resize with fractal window is enabled, the fractal will also resize to fill the entire screen in Full screen mode (Fractal > Full Screen).
- If you have a laptop with a trackpad or a Magic Trackpad, you can use the magnify, rotate and scroll gestures to zoom, rotate or pan the fractal.
- The Options menu is gone. To access the Options dialog (now called Preferences), click Ultra Fractal > Preferences. Update Public Formulas is on the File menu. The new View menu contains commands to toggle the tool bar and status bar.
Ultra Fractal 5.50 for Mac