Ultra Fractal 5.04 release notes
Ultra Fractal 5.04, released on August 11, 2010, is a free upgrade for Ultra Fractal 5 with bug fixes and improvements. This is a recommended upgrade for all users.
- The previous Standard Edition and Animation Edition versions have been renamed to Creative Edition and Extended Edition, and a new Express Edition has been added. There is only one download and one installer: Ultra Fractal adapts itself to the correct edition based on your license key. Your existing Standard Edition and Animation Edition license keys will of course continue to be valid for the Creative Edition and the Extended Edition. In addition, it is now possible to seamlessly upgrade your edition from within Ultra Fractal with the Help > Upgrade Edition command. See also Compare editions.
- Class parameters are now called plug-ins, because this makes it much clearer how they work in practice. If you don't write formulas, all you need to know is how to select and combine formula plug-ins. Only if you're a formula writer, you need to know about the classes that are the foundation of plug-ins.
- The browser will now show proper thumbnails when selecting a plug-in for a plug-in parameter, based upon the current layer. In addition, thumbnails for transformations, formulas and coloring algorithms are now also generated based upon the current layer where possible. This shows you exactly how the layer would look with any of the available items in the browser. A disadvantage is that these dynamically generated thumbnails cannot be cached, so you might want to turn the feature off. You can configure this in the Browser tab of the Options dialog.
- The browser will now calculate multiple thumbnails at the same time,
depending on the amount of processors/cores in your computer. This greatly increases the speed at which thumbnails are generated.
- The layers list now remembers its scroll position when switching between different fractal windows.
- Right-clicking on a layer in the layers list will now correctly select that
- Removed Server.exe program because it used to trigger false virus warnings with some anti-virus solutions. Instead, the installer now just creates shortcuts that launch Ultra Fractal in server mode.
- Added How to Print item to the File menu for fractal windows that opens a new Printing topic in the help file with information on how to print fractals.
- Fixed bug when loading parameter sets that caused the progress bar to stay at 0% all the time, instead of actually showing the loading progress.
- Fixed bug that could cause Explore and Eyedropper previews to be incorrect in fractal animations with a different frame rate than 30 fps. (Extended Edition only.)
- Fixed bug that caused enabled and visible settings for parameters in an inherited class that tested class inheritance for another parameter not to work correctly.
- Fixed bug that caused formula parameters of integer type to work incorrectly with negative values.
- Fixed bug that caused a crash when a formula contained a string in the middle of statements.
DownloadDownload the Ultra Fractal 5.04 upgrade (free for Ultra Fractal 5 users)