Some formula writing would be easier if the Formula class in common.ulb had in its protected area

complex m_c

and functions like

func SetC(complex c)
    m_c = c
  endfunc
  complex func GetC( ) 
    return m_c
  endfunc

Including these changes would not break any current fractals and would allow simpler switching from Mandelbrot-type to Julia-type.

Some formula writing would be easier if the Formula class in common.ulb had in its protected area ```` complex m_c ```` and functions like ```` func SetC(complex c) m_c = c endfunc complex func GetC( ) return m_c endfunc ```` Including these changes would not break any current fractals and would allow simpler switching from Mandelbrot-type to Julia-type.
edited Jun 10 at 3:45 pm

And of course there could be more complications, like arrays of values, and floats, and ints. Still none of this would break old fractals.

And of course there could be more complications, like arrays of values, and floats, and ints. Still none of this would break old fractals.

Good idea, I'm open to suggestions regarding updating the classes in common.ulb.

Good idea, I'm open to suggestions regarding updating the classes in common.ulb.

Ultra Fractal author

I'm happy to produce a new version. I've already made a simple version of such a formula, FormulaX in jlb.ulb. It also has the Mandelbrot/Julia switch built in. What else makes sense to put in, without getting too complicated?

I'm happy to produce a new version. I've already made a simple version of such a formula, FormulaX in jlb.ulb. It also has the Mandelbrot/Julia switch built in. What else makes sense to put in, without getting too complicated?
edited Jun 19 at 6:20 pm

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft