Hello,

I have a bunch of gnarl formulas, and I generally color only the inside. Is there a way to set a default inside coloring algo such that the previews show anything interesting at all?

Thx in advance,
Phillip

Hello, I have a bunch of gnarl formulas, and I generally color only the inside. Is there a way to set a default inside coloring algo such that the previews show anything interesting at all? Thx in advance, Phillip

Can you share a formula that I could experiment with?

Can you share a formula that I could experiment with?

The gnarl formulas that I've looked at, like Gnarl in mt.ufm, only bail out when the maximum number of iterations is reached. That means that all pixels are outside, none is inside, so the inside coloring formula has no effect.

The gnarl formulas that I've looked at, like Gnarl in mt.ufm, only bail out when the maximum number of iterations is reached. That means that all pixels are outside, none is inside, so the inside coloring formula has no effect.

That's actually an interesting idea... but it doesn't really help, because the default coloring doesn't show anything either. The preview for those is also blank.

That's actually an interesting idea... but it doesn't really help, because the default coloring doesn't show anything either. The preview for those is also blank.
edited May 22 at 8:51 pm

Hi Phillip,

You can set a custom parameter set as a base for the browser to apply the coloring algorithm to. Click View > Preferences, then on the Browser tab, click Fractal Formula, and then below you can select "Generate preview using custom parameter set".

However if you browse from the Formula tab, UF will use the current layer and just replace the formula. So in this case, you should select an inside coloring algorithm first.

Hi Phillip, You can set a custom parameter set as a base for the browser to apply the coloring algorithm to. Click View > Preferences, then on the Browser tab, click Fractal Formula, and then below you can select "Generate preview using custom parameter set". However if you browse from the Formula tab, UF will use the current layer and just replace the formula. So in this case, you should select an inside coloring algorithm first.

Ultra Fractal author

OK, I'll have a look at that. But it sounds like this will be a purely local settings, so other users won't see anything when browsing my formulas, even if I do this.

OK, I'll have a look at that. But it sounds like this will be a purely local settings, so other users won't see anything when browsing my formulas, even if I do this.

That's true. You can mention this in the comments for the formula, which will be visible in the browser (bottom right pane).

That's true. You can mention this in the comments for the formula, which will be visible in the browser (bottom right pane).

Ultra Fractal author

edited May 29 at 3:03 pm

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft