I recently installed UF5.04 on a new Laptop with Windows 10 pro and a 4k screen. The fonts are impossible to read. I had this on an old laptop running Windows 7 pro and a much lower resolution screen and it was fine. HELP! Is there a current fix? If not now, when? Thanks.

I recently installed UF5.04 on a new Laptop with Windows 10 pro and a 4k screen. The fonts are impossible to read. I had this on an old laptop running Windows 7 pro and a much lower resolution screen and it was fine. HELP! Is there a current fix? If not now, when? Thanks.

No need for a fix, this is already available in the Options menu. Look at the Environment tab, bottom left. Click on the magnifying glass icon to change the User interface font setting.

No need for a fix, this is already available in the Options menu. Look at the Environment tab, bottom left. Click on the magnifying glass icon to change the User interface font setting.

Chris Martin
Gallery: Velvet--Glove.deviantart.com

Currently using UF6.05 on Windows 11 Professional 64-bit

Well that allows you to change the font size, but it doesn't change the size of the interface elements, so it doesn't help much on a 4K screen.

Unfortunately there is no way to run the current version of Ultra Fractal on a High DPI screen while using the high resolution. I'm hard at work to fix this in version 6, which I hope will be ready for release at the end of 2016. In the mean time, you can use this workaround:
http://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-app-scaling-on-high-dpi-displays-fix/

Just follow these instructions, but apply them to Uf5.exe in C:\Program Files\Ultra Fractal 5. That will enable the regular resolution that UF expects so all interface elements will work as expected. However you won't be able to take full advantage of the high resolution provided by the 4K display.

Well that allows you to change the font size, but it doesn't change the size of the interface elements, so it doesn't help much on a 4K screen. Unfortunately there is no way to run the current version of Ultra Fractal on a High DPI screen while using the high resolution. I'm hard at work to fix this in version 6, which I hope will be ready for release at the end of 2016. In the mean time, you can use this workaround: http://www.danantonielli.com/adobe-app-scaling-on-high-dpi-displays-fix/ Just follow these instructions, but apply them to Uf5.exe in C:\Program Files\Ultra Fractal 5. That will enable the regular resolution that UF expects so all interface elements will work as expected. However you won't be able to take full advantage of the high resolution provided by the 4K display.

Ultra Fractal author

Frederik, Any progress on version 6.0 with automatic adaptation to 4k or UHD screens? I am very reluctant to mess with my registry as suggested in your recommended temp "fix".

Frederik, Any progress on version 6.0 with automatic adaptation to 4k or UHD screens? I am very reluctant to mess with my registry as suggested in your recommended temp "fix".

Still aiming for an end of the year release. The registry fix is really quite harmless if you follow the instructions exactly and it will let you use UF5 normally. I can also make a registry key file so you don't have the edit the registry manually.

Still aiming for an end of the year release. The registry fix is really quite harmless if you follow the instructions exactly and it will let you use UF5 normally. I can also make a registry key file so you don't have the edit the registry manually.

Ultra Fractal author

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft