I would like first to say that Ultra Fractal is fantastic already. I've been using it for many years. However, I have thought of a few things it could use over the years:

3D fractals could really use a more interactive interface. Perhaps a button or automatic detection for 3D fractals that changes the mouse function to rotate either the camera rotation and/or the translation. Right mouse button for the translation so as to rotate the fractal, left and middle buttons for the angle and drag respectively. Scroll wheel could be z camera position for camera.

A tool to select a gradient from an image, or even a snippet mode for anything you have open on your computer, would also be a great feature. Select an image, have it open in a preview window, select two or more points within the image, then translate those to the gradient.

Hmm that's all I have at the moment. I may think of others but, like I said, Ultra Fractal is fantastic already. The most complete fractal art program ever. Nothing else comes anywhere close. I can't wait to see what mind-blowing features we see in future releases of Ultra Fractal.

I would like first to say that Ultra Fractal is fantastic already. I've been using it for many years. However, I have thought of a few things it could use over the years: 3D fractals could really use a more interactive interface. Perhaps a button or automatic detection for 3D fractals that changes the mouse function to rotate either the camera rotation and/or the translation. Right mouse button for the translation so as to rotate the fractal, left and middle buttons for the angle and drag respectively. Scroll wheel could be z camera position for camera. A tool to select a gradient from an image, or even a snippet mode for anything you have open on your computer, would also be a great feature. Select an image, have it open in a preview window, select two or more points within the image, then translate those to the gradient. Hmm that's all I have at the moment. I may think of others but, like I said, Ultra Fractal is fantastic already. The most complete fractal art program ever. Nothing else comes anywhere close. I can't wait to see what mind-blowing features we see in future releases of Ultra Fractal.

Good ideas... At the moment 3D fractals are not really a native feature, but more something that's possible because the formula compiler is so flexible. That's why there's no support for interactive rotating etc. I'll think about better ways to support this in future versions though.

Thanks for the kind words!

Good ideas... At the moment 3D fractals are not really a native feature, but more something that's possible because the formula compiler is so flexible. That's why there's no support for interactive rotating etc. I'll think about better ways to support this in future versions though. Thanks for the kind words!

Ultra Fractal author

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft