I cant afford the full software and I just want to mess around and learn about fractals.
Is there a free version? I'm not a company or anything I just want to have fun with fractals on my own.

Do I have to reinstall my whole OS if I want to use it after trial period expires? I dont see any other alternative.

I cant afford the full software and I just want to mess around and learn about fractals. Is there a free version? I'm not a company or anything I just want to have fun with fractals on my own. Do I have to reinstall my whole OS if I want to use it after trial period expires? I dont see any other alternative.

For some reason I can only see your reply in my notification bell thing and in my email but not directly on this topic.
Whats up with that? Is that a bug?

For some reason I can only see your reply in my notification bell thing and in my email but not directly on this topic. Whats up with that? Is that a bug?

Sorry, I think you may be referring to me? I did reply but then realised it was all wrong so I deleted it. smile

I have little experience of the trial, I'm afraid. When I started with UF some years ago I was in a position to register it and did so quite quickly because I found the watermarking so darned awful! If it bombs after the trial period then you've probably had it, I'm afraid. There is no free option.

UF is a great program, well written, stable and supported by the author... but it does need to be paid for and for myself I think it's well worth it. There are a great many other fractal programs out there for you to try that are totally free if all you want is something to play with and learn on. The catch with them is that many are no longer being developed or supported and their implementation/interfaces are pretty basic and often difficult to use but nevertheless there is still some mileage left in them. Lots of people actively use the likes of Apophysis, Mandelbulb 3D and Chaotica, for example. If you have Apple gear you can get simple but lovely results from Frax Pro.

Hope this helps and apologies to Frederik for mentioning other fractal progams on the forum here, please forgive me. smile

Sorry, I think you may be referring to me? I did reply but then realised it was all wrong so I deleted it. :x I have little experience of the trial, I'm afraid. When I started with UF some years ago I was in a position to register it and did so quite quickly because I found the watermarking so darned awful! If it bombs after the trial period then you've probably had it, I'm afraid. There is no free option. UF is a great program, well written, stable and supported by the author... but it does need to be paid for and for myself I think it's well worth it. There are a great many other fractal programs out there for you to try that are totally free if all you want is something to play with and learn on. The catch with them is that many are no longer being developed or supported and their implementation/interfaces are pretty basic and often difficult to use but nevertheless there is still some mileage left in them. Lots of people actively use the likes of _Apophysis_, _Mandelbulb 3D_ and _Chaotica_, for example. If you have Apple gear you can get simple but lovely results from _Frax Pro_. Hope this helps and apologies to Frederik for mentioning other fractal progams on the forum here, please forgive me. (:|

Chris Martin
Gallery: Velvet--Glove.deviantart.com

Currently using UF6.05 on Windows 11 Professional 64-bit

edited Apr 29 '17 at 12:25 pm

Ok i only have normal windows desktop PC No tablet smartphone or other devices.
Can you list some more fractal softwares that are free that I can use? I only want to explore and figure things out.

I'm not a business looking to make money off selling fractal art or anything like what its inteded for.
I just want to have fun on my own exploring and messing with fractals. I dont have any money to spend.

Ok i only have normal windows desktop PC No tablet smartphone or other devices. Can you list some more fractal softwares that are free that I can use? I only want to explore and figure things out. I'm not a business looking to make money off selling fractal art or anything like what its inteded for. I just want to have fun on my own exploring and messing with fractals. I dont have any money to spend.

This forum is geared toward the discussion of Ultra Fractal.
Try asking about free fractal software on Fractal Forums

This forum is geared toward the discussion of Ultra Fractal. Try asking about free fractal software on [Fractal Forums](http://www.fractalforums.com/index.php)

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft