I've got a major issue with this coloring algorithm which won't render to disk. Unfortunately it's crucial to a design and I've drawn 10 layers apart, rendering them separately to disk until I discovered the culprit. My guess is that it leads to some sort of infinite loop in the rendering process which prevents UF from completing the task. I've also updated all files of the public formulas. If anybody knows a solution I'd be thankful!

I've got a major issue with this coloring algorithm which won't render to disk. Unfortunately it's crucial to a design and I've drawn 10 layers apart, rendering them separately to disk until I discovered the culprit. My guess is that it leads to some sort of infinite loop in the rendering process which prevents UF from completing the task. I've also updated all files of the public formulas. If anybody knows a solution I'd be thankful!

Munich based semiprofessional photographer with a thing for fractals since 1987.

It may help others to help you if you could post an example of a layer you are having problems with? This doesn't have to be from your image, just a quick example of something that won't render for you.

I am unable to understand or help with the issue myself but someone else might be able to spot what is at the root of this. Both Ron Barnett and Frederik visit this forum so maybe one or both can help find a solution for you.

It may help others to help you if you could post an example of a layer you are having problems with? This doesn't have to be from your image, just a quick example of something that won't render for you. I am unable to understand or help with the issue myself but someone else might be able to spot what is at the root of this. Both Ron Barnett and Frederik visit this forum so maybe one or both can help find a solution for you.

Chris Martin
Gallery: Velvet--Glove.deviantart.com

Currently using UF6.05 on Windows 11 Professional 64-bit

Have a look at http://ultrafractal.com/kb/flamefractals.html. Although Zito G Attractor is not technically a "flame fractal", it uses the same technique in Ultra Fractal so that article applies.

Have a look at http://ultrafractal.com/kb/flamefractals.html. Although Zito G Attractor is not technically a "flame fractal", it uses the same technique in Ultra Fractal so that article applies.

Yep, we need a parameter set in order to help you. If you don't want to share it on the forum, you can also send it to me privately via email.

Yep, we need a parameter set in order to help you. If you don't want to share it on the forum, you can also send it to me privately via email.

Ultra Fractal author

Without an example parameter set that shows the problem, there is not much I can do. I tried a number of renders to disk and they worked just fine. The formula tab needs to be set to one of the pixel formulas and the drawing method to one pass linear. Because of the nature of this formula (it uses internal arrays) it can run out of memory which would prevent the render from completing.

Without an example parameter set that shows the problem, there is not much I can do. I tried a number of renders to disk and they worked just fine. The formula tab needs to be set to one of the pixel formulas and the drawing method to one pass linear. Because of the nature of this formula (it uses internal arrays) it can run out of memory which would prevent the render from completing.
edited Sep 29 '16 at 7:56 pm

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft