This is a follow up to a previous question on using external imagery. I'm doing a series of color cycling animations primarily but not exclusively using fractals for the hypnotic effect to create quick meditation trance states. I've been able to get external imagery & correct the gradients to the actual picture but when I try to cycle the gradient it remaps each time to the original image colors. This seems to be a feature of the image coloring algorithm. Any work-arounds?

This is a follow up to a previous question on using external imagery. I'm doing a series of color cycling animations primarily but not exclusively using fractals for the hypnotic effect to create quick meditation trance states. I've been able to get external imagery & correct the gradients to the actual picture but when I try to cycle the gradient it remaps each time to the original image colors. This seems to be a feature of the image coloring algorithm. Any work-arounds?

The Image coloring algorithm is a "direct" coloring algorithm that doesn't use the gradient, but outputs a color directly.

What you're looking for is a coloring algorithm that somehow converts the loaded image to index values into the gradient, and then allows the colors to be changed, but as far as I know, that doesn't exist yet in the public formula database.

The Image coloring algorithm is a "direct" coloring algorithm that doesn't use the gradient, but outputs a color directly. What you're looking for is a coloring algorithm that somehow converts the loaded image to index values into the gradient, and then allows the colors to be changed, but as far as I know, that doesn't exist yet in the public formula database.

Ultra Fractal author

I don't know if this is a work around or not. One thing that can be done with direct coloring such as in dealing with images is to vary the brightness, contrast, saturation and hue. These are parameters that can be animated, at least in my coloring formulas, and can be applied to any direct coloring in Ultrafractal.

I don't know if this is a work around or not. One thing that can be done with direct coloring such as in dealing with images is to vary the brightness, contrast, saturation and hue. These are parameters that can be animated, at least in my coloring formulas, and can be applied to any direct coloring in Ultrafractal.

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft