When rotating a fractal image (using Alt key and mouse in fractal window) I would find it very useful to have a means of easily getting a perfect 90 or 180 degrees. Perhaps another key like Shift could be used alongside the Alt key to add specific "stops" to the rotation so you can see/feel the image accurately "snapping" to the desired angle? Maybe every 45 degrees would be useful?

I hope I've expressed my idea adequately. I think this exists in other software. To have it in UF would be a cool addition.

PS. You might say that the Rotation Angle of the Location tab offers precision rotation but I find this doesn't always work very well when there are many layers in an image, some with different rotations applied.

When rotating a fractal image (using Alt key and mouse in fractal window) I would find it very useful to have a means of easily getting a perfect 90 or 180 degrees. Perhaps another key like Shift could be used alongside the Alt key to add specific "stops" to the rotation so you can see/feel the image accurately "snapping" to the desired angle? Maybe every 45 degrees would be useful? I hope I've expressed my idea adequately. I think this exists in other software. To have it in UF would be a cool addition. PS. You might say that the Rotation Angle of the Location tab offers precision rotation but I find this doesn't always work very well when there are many layers in an image, some with different rotations applied.

Chris Martin
Gallery: Velvet--Glove.deviantart.com

Currently using UF6.05 on Windows 11 Professional 64-bit

Actually it works just like you describe! The trick is to let go of the Alt key while rotating, and then press Shift to constrain.

More info here:
http://www.ultrafractal.com/help/fractalwindows/normalmode.html

Actually it works just like you describe! The trick is to let go of the Alt key while rotating, and then press Shift to constrain. More info here: http://www.ultrafractal.com/help/fractalwindows/normalmode.html

Ultra Fractal author

Ah! Thanks for that. I wasn't aware that this was already possible and hadn't noticed the tip in the status bar. Although it's not quite as intuitive as it could be it does do the job so thank you. smile

Ah! Thanks for that. I wasn't aware that this was already possible and hadn't noticed the tip in the status bar. Although it's not quite as intuitive as it could be it does do the job so thank you. (blush)

Chris Martin
Gallery: Velvet--Glove.deviantart.com

Currently using UF6.05 on Windows 11 Professional 64-bit

views
replies
followers
live preview
Enter at least 10 characters.
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft